Our immune system protects us against pathogens. However, an excessive immune reaction can trigger allergies or chronic asthma. Scientists at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and Helmholtz Zentrum München have discovered an active ingredient taken from the larvae of a worm parasite that could help diminish immune reactions.
- College students with disabilities at greater risk for substance abuse
- European survey shows alarmingly low awareness of erectile dysfunction
- Black women may be less likely to receive timely treatment for breast cancer
- COVID-19 and the decolonization of Indigenous public health
- Spike in new nut anaphylaxis in children at Halloween and Easter