Our immune system protects us against pathogens. However, an excessive immune reaction can trigger allergies or chronic asthma. Scientists at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and Helmholtz Zentrum München have discovered an active ingredient taken from the larvae of a worm parasite that could help diminish immune reactions.
- UOC researchers have analysed 13 apps developed for the treatment and control of neglected tropical diseases, identifying the main weaknesses and evaluating possible improvements
- A benchmark for single-electron circuits
- Autistic kids may have a harder time recognizing healthy vs. toxic arguments
- Biodegradable displays for sustainable electronics
- Intercontinental study sheds light on the microbial life of sourdough