Just a few weeks ago, everyone was talking about plummeting insect numbers. A team of researchers from the Universities of Bonn and Zurich and the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL have now demonstrated for the first time that the diversity of food plants for insects in the canton of Zurich has dramatically decreased over the past 100 years or so. The study has now been published in ‘Ecological Applications’.
- Corona vaccination: Approach receives approval
- Roadblocks to success for PhD grads could mean missed opportunities for Canada
- Scientists developed energy saving ceramic phosphors for high power LED systems
- Myeloid immune cells in the blood tied to severe COVID-19
- Study provides first real-world evidence of Covid-19 contact tracing app effectiveness