In a Policy Forum, “Dissolved oxygen and pH criteria leave fisheries at risk” published in the April 24 issue of the journal Science, Stony Brook University’s Dr. Christopher J. Gobler and Stephen J. Tomasetti, Science Teaching and Research to Inform Decisions fellow, consider accumulating scientific evidence on the harmful effects of coastal hypoxia and acidification in coastal ecosystems and suggest approaches that would address current policy shortfalls and facilitate improved protection of aquatic life.
- New drug combination shows promise as powerful treatment for AML
- Childhood neglect leaves generational imprint
- New approach emerges to better classify, treat brain tumors
- Certain parenting behaviors associated with positive changes in well-being during COVID-19 pandemic
- Do children view punishment as rehabilitative? A new study takes a look