A new approach to monitoring the novel coronavirus, (as well as other dangerous pathogens and chemical agents), is being developed and refined. Known as wastewater-based epidemiology (WBE), the method mines sewage samples for vital clues about human health. It can potentially identify levels of coronavirus infection at both a local and global scale.
- Faced with shortages, researchers combine heat and humidity to disinfect N95 masks
- 160 genes linked to brain shrinkage in study of 45,000 adults
- Ascorbic acid-mediated reactions in organic synthesis
- COVID-19 news from Annals of Internal Medicine
- Coldest Northern Hemisphere temperature, first recorded by UW, officially confirmed