UC San Francisco virologist Raul Andino, PhD and Andrew Macadam, PhD, of the UK’s National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC) report promising Phase 1 clinical results for the first new oral polio vaccine in 50 years, which they have designed to be incapable of evolving the ability to cause disease in humans.
- Increasing the effectiveness of cancer treatments: Anti-PD-L1 immunotherapy
- Nano-microscope gives first direct observation of the magnetic properties of 2D materials
- Human genetics: A look in the mirror
- Shift in West African wildmeat trade suggests erosion of cultural taboos
- Immunotherapy improves survival in advanced bladder cancer patients