To carry out this research, a comparative study was made over the course of 10 weeks in mice with two types of diets; a diet high in saturated fats, called ‘prejudicial’ fat, and another, with the same calorie content, but with orujo olive oil. After this time was over, a significant reduction in weight was observed (around 30%) in the mice fed with POCTA in comparison with the group fed with the high-fat diet.
- Patients of Asian and black backgrounds more likely to die from COVID, large study reveals
- Magnetic waves explain mystery of Sun’s outer layer
- CT identifies patients with high-risk nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- Research shows preference for male children is declining in Bangladesh
- Microbiome Search Engine 2 helps researchers explore microbiome space