A new tool maps the threats to the tropical dry forests in Peru and Ecuador. Bioscience engineers at KU Leuven combined data on possible threats to these forests with data on the vulnerability of local tree species to these dangers, which the team estimated on the basis of species traits such as bark thickness and edibility of the leaves. The result is an online tool that local governments and NGOs can use to restore and conserve forests.
- Predictive value of blood pressure, heart rate, and blood pressure/heart rate ratio in a Chinese subpopulation with vasovagal syncope
- Risk factors for intraoperative pressure injury in aortic surgery
- ECMO/CRRT in the treatment of critically ill SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia patients
- Regulating the ribosomal RNA production line
- New technique builds super-hard metals from nanoparticles