Researchers have studied recommendations from a thousand YouTube videos on different subjects, thereby running through half a million recommendations. Their results show that contrary to the algorithms of other platforms, which seem to promote the exploration of novelty and serendipity, YouTube’s is actually an exception, generating a number of confinement phenomena.
- GSA publishes seven articles on COVID-19 and aging
- Likely molecular mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2 pathogenesis are revealed by network biology
- From carbon taxes to tax breaks, emission reduction policies have widespread support
- Poll: Americans’ views of systemic racism divided by race
- Uncovering new understanding of Earth’s carbon cycle