This study provides a wealth of new data showing how beta cells behave at slightly raised levels of blood glucose — still within the pre-diabetes range. The work provides major additional evidence of a ‘glucose toxicity’ effect that helps to drive the development of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Scientists publish a blueprint to apply artificial intelligence to extend human longevity
- Detecting ADHD with near perfect accuracy
- Hypnotic suggestions can make a complex task easy by helping vision fill in the blanks
- In Brazil, many smaller dams disrupt fish more than large hydropower projects
- Is there a link between cashless payments and unhealthy consumption?