Weakened wind patterns likely spurred the wave of extreme ocean heat that swept the North Pacific last summer, according to new research led by the University of Colorado Boulder and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego.
- Development of high-sensitivity, wide-IF band heterodyne receiver in THz frequency range
- Evolutionary paths: Scientists have found new patterns in protein evolution
- Neil deGrasse Tyson speaks out on space, politics, and science outreach
- Confidence in the authorities’ handling of COVID-19 provides good mental health
- Actively speaking two languages protects against cognitive impairment