Researchers from the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) in Heidelberg and from the University of Padua School of Medicine have created the first complete description of early embryo development, accounting for every single cell in the embryo. This ‘virtual embryo’ will help to answer how the different cell types in an organism can originate from a single egg cell. The results are published on 20 April in the journal Cell.
- Concordia researchers find melatonin is effective against polycystic kidney disease
- Southern Africa’s most endangered shark just extended its range by 2,000 kilometers
- Smart algorithm cleans up images by searching for clues buried in noise
- Ocean toxin a heartbreaking threat for sea otters
- Researchers simplify the study of gene-environment interactions