Food insecurity in Vermont has increased by one-third during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a statewide survey conducted by the University of Vermont at the end of March. The increase in food insecurity was strongly correlated with employment status. Among food insecure Vermonters, two-thirds (66%) had experienced job losses or work disruptions since the outbreak of the pandemic.
- Broad beans versus soybeans as feedstuff for dual-purpose chickens
- SLAC invention could make particle accelerators 10 times smaller
- New brain cell-like nanodevices work together to identify mutations in viruses
- Three genes predict success of naltrexone in alcohol dependence treatment
- Your neighborhood may raise your risk of chronic kidney disease