New research due to be presented at this year’s European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) has identified the dangerous mcr-1 gene -which provides resistance to the last line antibiotic colistin — – in two healthy humans and a pet dog.
- Arctic ocean expedition advances climate modeling
- Metoclopramide inhibits proliferation of leukemia stem cells
- UC study: The dangers of drugged driving are outpacing drunk driving
- Partners in crime: genetic collaborator may influence severity of the rare disease, NGLY1
- Life-threatening complications during pregnancy: greater long-term risk of death