Multi-disciplinary work led by researchers from Trinity College Dublin has pinpointed a potential new therapeutic target for treating retinal degeneration. The work has discovered that a protein (SARM1) involved in neuronal cell injury may also have a role in the progression of retinal degeneration. The team also showed that removing the protein from experimental models delays photoreceptor death, giving hope that this may help fight blindness.
- Texas A&M study: Marine heatwaves can strengthen hurricanes
- Hackers targeting companies that fake corporate responsibility
- Hand pollination, not agrochemicals, increases cocoa yield and farmer income
- Scientists discover bacterium linked to deadly childhood disorder
- Can organic plant protection products damage crops?