For a long time, the production of ceramic coatings has only been possible by means of sintering techniques conducted at more than 1,000 degrees Celsius. However, Powder Aerosol Deposition (PAD) enables their production at normal room temperatures. Engineering scientists from the University of Bayreuth show in the journal of ‘Advanced Materials’ how the functional properties of ceramic films can be optimized with regard to high-tech applications.
- New blueprint for more stable quantum computers
- UMD researcher expands plant genome editing with newly engineered variant of CRISPR-Cas9
- Lack of sleep, stress can lead to symptoms resembling concussion
- Shift in caribou movements may be tied to human activity
- Consenting for treatment in advance to reduce leaving the hospital against medical advice among patients with addiction – Experts debate pros and cons