University of California, Irvine astronomers and others have shown that clusters of supernovas can cause the birth of scattered, eccentrically orbiting suns in outer stellar halos, upending commonly held notions of how star systems have formed and evolved over billions of years.
- Mount Sinai researchers build models using machine learning technique to enhance predictions of COVID-19 outcomes
- Eliminating microplastics in wastewater directly at the source
- Vermont’s BIPOC drivers are most likely to have a run-in with police, study shows
- Many parents say teens with anxiety, depression may benefit from peer confidants at school
- Where COVID-19 hit hardest, sudden deaths outside the hospital increased