University of California, Irvine astronomers and others have shown that clusters of supernovas can cause the birth of scattered, eccentrically orbiting suns in outer stellar halos, upending commonly held notions of how star systems have formed and evolved over billions of years.
- The male Y chromosome does more than we thought
- Ultrapotent compound may help treat C. diff, reduce recurrence
- High-performance single-atom catalysts for high-temperature fuel cells
- Novel neuroimaging study on dissociative symptoms reveals wounds of childhood trauma
- Historical racial & ethnic health inequities account for disproportionate COVID-19 impact