An exploratory randomized, controlled study on the safety and efficacy of either lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) or Arbidol as treatments for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, suggests that neither drug improves the clinical outcome of patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate cases of the disease over supportive care. The findings appeared April 17 in Med, a new medical journal published by Cell Press.
- Smart cruise control steers drivers toward better decisions
- Volcanic ash could help reduce CO2 associated with climate change
- Vitamin D deficiency leads to obesity, stunted growth in zebrafish
- New method developed to help scientists understand how the brain processes color
- Sensational COVID-19 communication erodes confidence in science