A team of ecologists and agronomists led by Thierry Dutoit, a CNRS researcher, studied the impact of the Messor barbarus harvester ant on Mediterranean dry grasslands. Their study shows that these invertebrates accelerated the resilience of plant communities in these degraded grasslands by facilitating their recovery.
- Broad beans versus soybeans as feedstuff for dual-purpose chickens
- SLAC invention could make particle accelerators 10 times smaller
- New brain cell-like nanodevices work together to identify mutations in viruses
- Three genes predict success of naltrexone in alcohol dependence treatment
- Your neighborhood may raise your risk of chronic kidney disease