So far, it has been difficult to analyze the functions of lipid molecules in living cells. Researchers at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics and the Leibniz Research Institute for Molecular Pharmacology have now developed chemical tools that can be activated by light and used to influence lipid concentration in living cells. This approach could enable medical doctors to work with biochemists to identify what molecules within a cell do.
- Breeding new rice varieties will help farmers in Asia
- New antiplatelet drug shows promise for treating heart attack
- NASA finds limited water vapor as depression 06E becomes a trough
- Reprogramming of immune cells enhances effects of radiotherapy in preclinical models of brain cancer
- Consensus statement on doppler waveforms