So far, it has been difficult to analyze the functions of lipid molecules in living cells. Researchers at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics and the Leibniz Research Institute for Molecular Pharmacology have now developed chemical tools that can be activated by light and used to influence lipid concentration in living cells. This approach could enable medical doctors to work with biochemists to identify what molecules within a cell do.
- Doctoral student leads paleoclimate study of precipitation and sea ice in Arctic Alaska
- Women influenced coevolution of dogs and humans
- Efficient solid-state depolymerization of waste PET
- Fine tuning first-responder immune cells may reduce TBI damage
- Childhood cancer survivors are not more likely to terminate their pregnancies