Scientists have theorized that organometallic halide perovskites– a class of light harvesting ‘wonder’ materials for applications in solar cells and quantum electronics — are so promising due to an unseen yet highly controversial mechanism called the Rashba effect. Scientists at the US Department of Energy’s Ames Laboratory have now experimentally proven the existence of the effect in bulk perovskites.
- Atom-Billiards with X-Rays: a new Approach to look inside of Molecules
- Simpler models may be better for determining some climate risk
- 3D camera earns its stripes at Rice
- How do Americans view the virus? Anthropology professor examines attitudes of COVID
- Color-coded biosensor illuminates in real time how viruses attack hosts