A team of Salk scientists led by Professor Geoffrey Wahl and Staff Scientist Kathleen DelGiorno has uncovered the formation of tuft cells during pancreatitis and the surprising role of these cells in immunity, using mouse models of pancreatitis. The findings could lead to the development of new biomarkers to test for pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- The male Y chromosome does more than we thought
- Ultrapotent compound may help treat C. diff, reduce recurrence
- High-performance single-atom catalysts for high-temperature fuel cells
- Novel neuroimaging study on dissociative symptoms reveals wounds of childhood trauma
- Historical racial & ethnic health inequities account for disproportionate COVID-19 impact