A team of Salk scientists led by Professor Geoffrey Wahl and Staff Scientist Kathleen DelGiorno has uncovered the formation of tuft cells during pancreatitis and the surprising role of these cells in immunity, using mouse models of pancreatitis. The findings could lead to the development of new biomarkers to test for pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer.
- Mount Sinai researchers build models using machine learning technique to enhance predictions of COVID-19 outcomes
- Eliminating microplastics in wastewater directly at the source
- Vermont’s BIPOC drivers are most likely to have a run-in with police, study shows
- Many parents say teens with anxiety, depression may benefit from peer confidants at school
- Where COVID-19 hit hardest, sudden deaths outside the hospital increased