More than 200 regions (amino acids) in histones are identified as responsible for regulating the response to cell stress.The study reports that histones undergo distinct modifications depending on the type of cell stress.The work by the Cell Signaling laboratory has been published in the journal Nucleic Acids Research.
- Better diet and glucose uptake in the brain lead to longer life in fruit flies
- Rapid blood test identifies COVID-19 patients at high risk of severe disease
- New study connects religiosity in US South Asians to cardiovascular disease
- USask study finds COVID isolation worsens student diets, inactivity, and alcohol intake
- Scientists offer road map to improve environmental observations in the Indian Ocean