mRNAs program the synthesis of proteins in cells, and their functional lifetimes are dynamically regulated. Researchers from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet (LMU) in Munich have now shown why blueprints that are more difficult to decipher have shorter lifetimes than others.
- New clues help explain why PFAS chemicals resist remediation
- Study finds COVID-19 attack on brain, not lungs, triggers severe disease in mice
- Study identifies a nonhuman primate model that mimics severe COVID-19 similar to humans
- With a little help from their friends, older birds breed successfully
- State responses, not federal, influenced rise in unemployment claims early in the pandemic