Researchers discovered that, in the lab worm C. elegans, certain scents dynamically regulate fat mobilization by interacting with specific olfactory neurons through specific receptors.
- Study shows how our brains remain active during familiar, repetitive tasks
- Predation by Caspian terns on young steelhead means fewer return as adults
- Transparent, reflective objects now within grasp of robots
- Space to grow, or grow in space — how vertical farms could be ready to take-off
- Molecularly thin interface between polymers — for efficient CO2 capture membrane