A team of MIT researchers has developed specialized antibody-like receptor proteins that they believe could soak up the excess cytokines produced during a cytokine storm. This excessive immune response, sometimes seen in Covid-19 patients, can be fatal.
- Children’s immune response more effective against COVID-19
- Cities beat suburbs at inspiring cutting-edge innovations
- Childhood sexual abuse: Mental and physical after-effects closely linked
- Diabetes dramatically reduces the kidney’s ability clean itself
- Nearly 20 percent of americans don’t have enough to eat