New research from entomologists at UC Davis clears a potential obstacle to using CRISPR-Cas9 ‘gene drive’ technology to control mosquito-borne diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever and Zika.
- Gall fly outmaneuvers host plant in game of “Spy vs. Spy”
- Black individuals at higher risk for contracting COVID-19, according to new research
- Chatbots can ease medical providers’ burden, offer guidance to those with COVID-19 symptoms
- Using electricity to break down pollutants left over after wastewater treatment
- Extreme rainfall events cause top-heavy aquatic food webs