We live in a world of matter — because matter overtook antimatter, though they were both created in equal amounts when our universe began. Neutrinos and the associated antimatter particles, antineutrinos, are reported by the T2K collaboration to have a high likelihood of differing behaviour that offers a promising path to explaining the mysterious disappearance of antimatter. This work involved French scientists at the CNRS, École Polytechnique – IPP, Sorbonne Université and the CEA.
- Children’s immune response more effective against COVID-19
- Cities beat suburbs at inspiring cutting-edge innovations
- Childhood sexual abuse: Mental and physical after-effects closely linked
- Diabetes dramatically reduces the kidney’s ability clean itself
- Nearly 20 percent of americans don’t have enough to eat