A harsh reality has emerged as COVID-19 has spread around the globe. Several thousand doctors, nurses and others caring for COVID-19 patients are dying from the virus. To alert providers in otolaryngology, one of the hardest-hit medical specialties, about the high risk of transmission and how to avoid it, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine researchers studied data from China.
- Holocaust Remembrance Day: COVID-19 changed how we remember
- Nuclear physicist’s voyage towards a mythical island
- Children cannot ignore what they hear when detecting emotions
- The longevity gene mammalian Indy (mINDY) is involved in blood pressure regulation
- Soil health is as environmentally important as air and water quality, say microbiologists