The demands for data storage and processing have grown exponentially as the world becomes increasingly connected, emphasizing the need for new materials capable of more efficient data storage and data processing. An international team of researchers, led by physicist Paul Ching-Wu Chu, is reporting a new compound capable of maintaining its skyrmion properties at room temperature, offering promise for commercial applications.
- Gall fly outmaneuvers host plant in game of “Spy vs. Spy”
- Black individuals at higher risk for contracting COVID-19, according to new research
- Chatbots can ease medical providers’ burden, offer guidance to those with COVID-19 symptoms
- Using electricity to break down pollutants left over after wastewater treatment
- Extreme rainfall events cause top-heavy aquatic food webs