A new Finnish study demonstrated the benefits of large-scale genomic information in estimating the risk of onset for cardiac diseases, diabetes and common cancers. The findings, based on the FinnGen research dataset encompassing more than 135,000 Finns, show that new tools based on genomic data are helpful in identifying high-risk individuals not identified by the current system.
- Gall fly outmaneuvers host plant in game of “Spy vs. Spy”
- Black individuals at higher risk for contracting COVID-19, according to new research
- Chatbots can ease medical providers’ burden, offer guidance to those with COVID-19 symptoms
- Using electricity to break down pollutants left over after wastewater treatment
- Extreme rainfall events cause top-heavy aquatic food webs