Even small amounts of breastmilk strongly influences the accumulation of viral populations in the infant gut and provides a protective effect against potentially pathogenic viruses, according to researchers who examined hundreds of babies in a study from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Study shows how our brains remain active during familiar, repetitive tasks
- Predation by Caspian terns on young steelhead means fewer return as adults
- Transparent, reflective objects now within grasp of robots
- Space to grow, or grow in space — how vertical farms could be ready to take-off
- Molecularly thin interface between polymers — for efficient CO2 capture membrane