Researchers at the University of California, Irvine and other institutions have closed-cell plate-nanolattices that are stronger than diamonds in terms of a ratio of strength to density. The performance of this arrangement had been theorized but never experimentally validated until now.
- Jurassic fossils from northeastern China reveal morphological stasis in the catkin-yew
- Columbia physicians give first comprehensive review of COVID-19’s effects outside the lung
- Couldn’t socially distance? Blame your working memory
- Theft law needs reform to reduce the risk of judgements which lack ‘common sense’
- Is what I see, what I imagine? Study finds neural overlap between vision and imagination