Our ability to study networks within the nervous system has been limited by the tools available to observe large volumes of cells at once. An ultra-fast, 3D imaging technique called SCAPE microscopy, developed through the National Institutes of Health (NIH)’s Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Technologies (BRAIN) Initiative, allows a greater volume of tissue to be viewed in a way that is much less damaging to delicate networks of living cells.
- Metoclopramide inhibits proliferation of leukemia stem cells
- UC study: The dangers of drugged driving are outpacing drunk driving
- Partners in crime: genetic collaborator may influence severity of the rare disease, NGLY1
- Life-threatening complications during pregnancy: greater long-term risk of death
- Race plays a role in children’s food allergies