Scientists based in China discover the spin-valve magnetoresistance at the ferromagnetic SrRuO3 grain boundary owing to the nature of non-magnetic metallic grain boundary revealed by electron microscopy and first principles calculations, providing a new strategy to create the low-dimensional magnetic order via defect engineering.
- Gall fly outmaneuvers host plant in game of “Spy vs. Spy”
- Black individuals at higher risk for contracting COVID-19, according to new research
- Chatbots can ease medical providers’ burden, offer guidance to those with COVID-19 symptoms
- Using electricity to break down pollutants left over after wastewater treatment
- Extreme rainfall events cause top-heavy aquatic food webs