Novel ‘learning while doing’ clinical trial approach called REMAP helps doctors find the optimal trade-off between quickly adopting new therapies during a pandemic, such as the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, and waiting until they are tested in longer clinical trials. The trial announced today at UPMC, called UPMC-REMAP-COVID19 learns from similar trials enrolling around the world and uses artificial intelligence to quickly arrive at answers.
- Research shows people with high omega-3 index less likely to die from COVID-19
- Breakthrough design at UBCO vastly improves mechanical heart valve
- No overall difference in concussion recovery time for male and female college athletes
- How did Florida fail to respond to a coral disease epizootic and what’s to follow?
- Highly specific synaptic plasticity in addiction