Novel ‘learning while doing’ clinical trial approach called REMAP helps doctors find the optimal trade-off between quickly adopting new therapies during a pandemic, such as the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, and waiting until they are tested in longer clinical trials. The trial announced today at UPMC, called UPMC-REMAP-COVID19 learns from similar trials enrolling around the world and uses artificial intelligence to quickly arrive at answers.
- Does DNA in the water tell us how many fish are there?
- Towards lasers powerful enough to investigate a new kind of physics
- Center for BrainHealth advances understanding of brain connectivity in cannabis users
- Popular chemotherapy drug may be less effective in overweight and obese women
- Mobile clinics can help address health care needs of Latino farmworkers