Researchers at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) have pinpointed a genetic variation responsible for driving the development of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The genetic pathway associated with this variation is involved in other immune disorders, suggesting the mechanism they identified could serve as an important therapeutic target.
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-aided disease prediction
- Physicists circumvent centuries-old theory to cancel magnetic fields
- Antibody screening finds COVID-19 nearly 7 times more prevalent in O.C. than thought
- Brazilian researchers discover how muscle regenerates after exercise
- High-sugar diet can damage the gut, intensifying risk for colitis