A multidisciplinary team of researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has developed tiny sensors that measure oxygen transport in bovine lung tissue. The study — which establishes a new framework for observing the elusive connection between lung membranes, oxygen flow and related disease — is published in the journal Nature Communications.
- Engineered ‘off the shelf’ stem cells target breast cancer that metastasizes to the brain
- Instrument at BESSY II shows how light activates MoS2 layers to become catalysts
- The future of contactless care: robotic systems gain patient approval
- Molecular mechanisms identified in chronic skin inflammation
- BCAS3-C16orf70 complex is a new actor on the mammalian autophagic machinery